Thursday 15 December 2016

No Christmas Spirit - Sofa Bound

This dog's expression is exactly how I feel!

Everyone is in full Christmas mode. All I see in my feeds is Christmas this and Christmas that. All everyone is talking about it what they're doing for Christmas, what they've bought as gifts and what they're going to eat.

I kind of feel out of the loop. Nothing is really Christmas in my life at the moment. We have no decorations up because my family for some reason doesn't believe in doing that until Christmas Eve. I haven't done any Christmas shopping and to make matters worse I'm bed bound. Or at least sofa bound.

Last week I busted my ankle. So I've been on crutches which basically means I've been lying down a lot to avoid the awkwardness of using said crutches.

So while everyone is in full Christmas mode, I've been recovering and rewatching all 3 seasons of H2O. Gosh I love that TV show. I wish there had been more seasons.

My best friend is a super huge Christmas obsess-or. 3 months before Christmas she's got the music out and is shopping for gifts! She can't believe how un-Christmas-y I am at the moment.

"Do some Christmas crafts. It might get you in the mood," she suggested.

But I'm not really a bit craft person, whether it's Christmas or not. Sure I love seeing a good DIY and I appreciate all the beautiful things people make. But I don't really do that much myself.

It kind of annoys me how everyone thinks that Christmas crafts are the fix all for your lack of Christmas mood. So many people tell me I should make gifts or decorations. I'm just not that kind of girl.

I think I'd much rather stick to watching TV shows and movies on the sofa. Speaking of which, does anyone have any suggestions as to what I can watch? I'm running out of ideas and I need some inspiration!

Well I'm off to go finish the last season of H2O. Hopefully this ankle heals up soon. I don't want to be on crutches for Christmas!

How you in the Christmas mood? What movies/TV shows do you love?

No comments:

Post a Comment